March 17th, 2020
To our loyal clients,
Thank you for your support during these unprecedented times.
As previously noted, we have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely so that we may adhere to the advice of the CDC, state, county, and local authorities. At the direction of Governor Jay Inslee, we have made the decision to protect our staff, client and community by closing our salon, effective March 17, 2020 to March 31st, 2020.
It is with a heavy heart that we close our salon doors. Relationships drive our business and are the reason all of us come to work each day. We will miss you, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
We will continue to monitor the situation, update our books and clients as the climate shifts. During this time, you can reach us at 425.289.1777 or continue to schedule your appointments online.
Vice President, Salon & Education
The SEVEN Commitment – Your Wellbeing is our #1 Priority.
I wanted to take a moment to address the issue of COVID-19 and loop you in on everything we are doing here at SEVEN to ensure you, our clients, and our staff remain safe during these unprecedented times.
Like all of you, we are staying up to date on COVID-19. For your wellbeing, our industry is tightly monitored to meet safety and sanitation standards, and the SEVEN salon goes above and beyond these hygiene practices on a daily basis. To protect our beloved clients, staff, and community we have implemented these precautionary measures in the salon:
- Ample antibacterial soap and hand sanitizer are available upon entrance and throughout the salon.
- We have increased sanitation of ALL areas in our salon including high and low trafficked spots, common spaces and those for staff only.
- As always, employees fully disinfect hands, tools, and linens after each client.
- Complete sanitation of stations and shampoo bowls occurs after each use.
- We have temporarily discontinued offering chocolates with our coffee service.
- Magazines will not be provided for use in the common areas for the foreseeable future.
As is always our practice, employees are always strictly directed to stay home if they are feeling unwell and have been increasingly encouraged to do so. We will also ask our clients to reschedule their appointments in the event they appear unwell, and welcome them back in the future.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and adhere to the advice of the CDC, state, county, and local authorities. We appreciate your loyalty, and take pride in keeping our environment safe for all individuals connected to our SEVEN salon. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 425.289.1777 or email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Vice President, Salon and Education